Relevant Magazine published a captivating article in March, titled: “What Would Happen if the Church Tithed?”
The answer the article went on to give is still boggling our minds since we, Beautiful Mess Ministries, came across the article nearly two months ago.
Shockingly, at least to us, the article asserts that only 5 percent of Americans tithe, and of those who do choose to tithe — 80 percent only give 2 percent of their income.
“Numbers like that can invoke a lot of guilt, which isn’t really the point. The larger point is what would happen if believers were to increase their giving to a minimum of, let’s say, 10 percent. There would be an additional $165 billion for churches to use and distribute. The global impact would be phenomenal. Here’s just a few things the Church could do with the kind of money:
– $25 billion could relieve global hunger, starvation and deaths from preventable diseases in five years.
– $12 billion could eliminate illiteracy in five years.
– $15 billion could solve the world’s water and sanitation issues, specifically at places in the world where 1 billion people live on less than $1 per day.
– $1 billion could fully fund all overseas mission work.
– $100 – $110 billion would still be left over for additional ministry expansion” – Relevant Magizine
We encourage you to head over to the website and finish the article and hear what Relevant says to say about why we’re not giving.
Maybe it will give you some things to ponder in your heart, or talk over with God. He has an answer to the hurting and the broken in the world — and it starts with you, and with us, as his hands and feet. Consider asking God what sacrifices he might be asking you to make in your life for the sake of his kingdom.